· Dev Anand: A musical interview (Part 2)
· Dev Anand: A musical interview (Part 1)
· Of monsoons and things filmi… - looking for cloud-chasing songs
· It’s a tie – the biggest and best ties in filmdom
· Sense and Sensuality: advice from THE Diva (part I) – Rekha helps with a wise word
· Crimes against gender: confessions of a Bhartiya Naari – examining my transgressions against female stereotypes
· My New Year resolutions – made in 2010, but never kept!
· Santa gifts digest: the awesome videos edition
· Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) – help me complete the story! – looking at Anjali’s lost years and her missing romance
· I am still around! – Vinod Khanna stands up for pink-wearing males
· Masala madness ain't half as crazy as my kiddie-imagination! – a look at some of my film-related childhood misconceptions
· A century too late... – The National Archives of India realise that they have no prints of India’s first feature film and first talkie
· Heavenly masala movie-making… – Manmohan Desai gives Danny Boyle some much-needed advice on making masala films
· Happy New Year!!! – a link to the premier of Ittefaq in 1969
· Happy Holidays!!! – Dec 2008
· Filmi professions – just how professional are they? – with examples from filmi science and scientists
· Emerging trends in interrogation techniques: an overview of Bollywood-related methods. – using Bollywood films to torture confessions out of suspects
· Points to ponder - a rant against "good" movies – an angry look at A Wednesday and Black Friday
· Mahabharata - Injurious to public sentiment? A filmi depiction of the epic could potentially hurt public sentiments and contravene existing Indian Laws!
· The colors of Bollywood – discover Govinda’s fashion icon
· The joys of youtube! – Talat Mahmood sings a Rafi song
· Goodies on youtube - Helen Queen of Nautch Girls (1973)
· Climbing in the Canadian Rockies – my adventures with rock climbing
· Shashi in fancy dress!!! Guess where....
· My ten favourite Geeta Dutt songs – her happy duets
· The haunting: my 10 favourite ghost songs – songs sung by ghosts/pretend ghosts
· Nashe main hum – my favourite drink buddies – ten drunk Bhartiya naaris
· Mellifluous melodies: my favorite Shamshad Begum songs
· The navrasas (9 emotions) of Rafi – Rafi in 11 moods
· A beauty pageant for OiG’s second birthday! - Bollyviewer celebrates two years of Old is Gold with a list of 10 Bollywood hunks from the 70s
· The glorious 70s – my masala top ten – 10 favorite 70s masala films
· My favorite filmi Mr. Rights! – 10 perfect and scrumptious filmi men
· My ten favorite Kishore Kumar songs – 10 serious songs from the King of wack
· Double-trouble or twice as nice? My favorite Bollywood-double roles – 11 fun doubles
· Movieland’s medical miracles – Filmi doctors miraculously cure 7 dreaded and potentially terminal diseases
· The A-Z of Mohammed Rafi – a Rafi song for each letter of the English alphabet
· A year of blogging – a journey down memory lane – Bollyviewer celebrates a year of Old is Gold with a list of favorite blogs
· My favorite piano-songs – 15 songs and 7 moods!
· Fairy Godmother came calling (partII): My favorite brawny, brainy, beauties of Bollywood
· Fairy Godmother came calling (part I) – my favorite Bolly-beauties
· From Hollywood to Bollywood - of romantic comedies and remakes – Bollywood remakes of 5 Hollywood romcoms
· Indian literature in Bollywood – 5 Hindi films based on Indian literature
· My 10 favorite Shashi Kapoor films
Polls on Old is Gold
· A beauty pageant for OiG’s second birthday! - Bollyviewer celebrates two years of Old is Gold with a poll to decide who’s the hunkiest of 10 Bollywood hunks from the 70s
· Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) – help me complete the story! – A poll to decide who plays Anjali’s (Kajol) other love interest
· Poll: So which movie should be OiG’s next post? – readers help me decide which movie to write about
· Poll: Abhi to main jawaan hoon – choose Bollywood’s “Evergreen” Actor #1 – and Big B wins hands down!
70s week 2010
· The glorious 70s: Awards night – The masala awesome awards or MAAs for the 70s decade
· The glorious 70s: Shyam Benegal takes center stage – looking at the director’s contribution to the 70s and his Junoon.
· The glorious 70: a decade of Hrishikesh Mukherjee – a brief look at what makes his films so special with focus upon Guddi, Chupke Chupke, and Buddha Mil Gaya
· The glorious 70s: waiting for Hrishikesh Mukherjee – he sent youtube entertainment to keep us busy while I took time to write about him!
· The glorious 70s: shining the spotlight on Gulzar – his films are things of beauty as a brief look at Mausam and Khushboo clearly shows
· The glorious 70s – my masala top ten - 10 favorite 70s masala films
Shashi week 2010
· BLB and OiG exclusive – Shashi's top secret speech at the Filmfares
· Discovery of an unknown 1970s Shashi Kapoor + Manmohan Desai film and a behind-the-scenes look at it
· Kaarnama (1979) Part IV – MAA and THE END
· Kaarnama (1979) part III – the mystery edition
· Kaarnama (1979) part II – SHASHI!!!
· Kaarnama (1979) part I - twins torn asunder
· Kaarnama (1979) – A bromantic break
· Kaarnama (1979) – an interview with Manmohan Desai
· Kaarnama (1979): a masala feast for Shashi-week!
Shashi week 2009
· Shashi Kapoor’s hairy-tale - Part I and Part II – a look at why Shashi’s hair grew and curled in the 70s
· Ek Aur Ekk Gyarah (1981) – film review
· Neeyat (1980) - more Shashi-masala – film review
· My 10 favorite Shashi Kapoor films
Post a Comment